What we believe
JESUS is more than a prophet or a good person.
He is GOD.
When he came to earth he showed us all how to live in harmony with God, others and ourselves. That’s why in everything we do: in family life, jobs or activities we live each day loving God and serving others.
This doesn’t make us super people we are just calling on God to help us be less selfish and more dependent on Him!
1. ABOUT GOD – God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are eternally one and are one God. Genesis 1:1, 26, 27, 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14.
2. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST – Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is eternally one with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heavenâ€™s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of kings, and Lord of lords. Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; I Corinthians 15:3, 4; Romans 1:3, 4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14, 15; Titus 2:13.
3. ABOUT THE HOLY SPRIRIT – The Holy Spirit is eternally one with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily. II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16, 17; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:18
4. ABOUT THE BIBLE – The Bible is Godâ€™s word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it reveals His will concerning us in all things necessary to our salvation. II Timothy 3:16, 1:13; II Peter 1:20, 21; Psalm 119:105, 160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5
5. ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS – People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of Godâ€™s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God call â€œsinâ€. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a, 59:1, 2; Romans 3:23
6. ABOUT SALVATION – Salvation is Godâ€™s free gift to us. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as Godâ€™s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sinâ€™s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8, 9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
7. ABOUT SANCTIFICATION – We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. It is wrought by the baptism with the Holy Spirit, whereby a person can experience the cleansing of the heart from sin. John 17:17-19; Romans 15:16; Ephesians 5:26; II Timothy 2:21; Hebrews 13:12; I Peter 1:2; Isaiah 3:3; James 4:8; I John 1:7
8. ABOUT ETERNITY – People were created to exist forever. The day of Judgment and Recreation are real days. Someday there will be a new “Eden” where all sin and those who refuse to stop sinning will be wiped away and God will call all those who partner with him to be a part of his new creation! No Sin, No Pain, No evil! Only Justice and Mercy will remain. Praise God! John 3:16; John 14:17; Romans 6:23, 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; I Corinthians 2:7-9
9. ABOUT BAPTISM – We believe that Christian baptism, commanded by our Lord, is a sacrament signifying acceptance of the benefits of the atonement of Jesus Christ, to be administered to believers and declarative of their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior, and full purpose of obedience in holiness and righteousness.